NEWS: INTRODUCING MOTOR-CAD V12
We are delighted to announce the release of Motor-CAD v12 — the latest version of our unique software package dedicated to the electromechanical performance of motors and generators and the optimisation of their cooling.
New and enhanced features in Motor-CAD v12 include:
- New mechanical module with rotor stress analysis — 2D FEA based solution in Motor-CAD to analyse stress and displacement in rotors during operation
- New PMDC EMag module for modelling of brushed DC machines
- New IM1PH EMag module for modelling of single phase induction machines
- Improved Heat Exchanger Model with added coupling to water jacket cooling systems
- Improved Lab AC loss map giving more accurate loss modelling across whole machine operating range
- New automatic report generation – automatically create custom reports in Microsoft Word format, with user options to add screenshots and tables of values
To see the full list of new features and to download our Motor-CAD v12 specification sheet, visit website.
View the case study presented by Spin at the Motor-CAD European User Conference 2019
Motor-CAD© supply the most comprehensive set of software solutions covering electromagnetic and thermal simulation and is widely used for design, validation or verification of electric motors.
It considers the conductive effects, irradiation and convection, for each type of engine cooling system, fluid or liquid or static air.
MOTOR-CAD allows to perform a rapid and accurate analysis of the project and to quickly perform modifications to the geometry, to the type of winding, to the cooling conditions, to the absorbed power and to many other characteristic parameters of the motor.
The sophisticated methods of resolution allow to include in the model a large number of constructive details, important for the cooling of the machine: slots, fins or direct cooling of the windings.
- induction motors
- permanent magnet brushless motors
- reluctance motors
- c.c. engines brushes
- synchronous machines
- low cost
- reduced learning time
ULTRA FAST 2D FEA BASED MODULE FOR ELECTROMAGNETIC AND ELECTRICAL PERFORMANCE PREDICTION
COMBINED LUMPED CIRCUIT AND FEA BASED THERMAL MODULE FOR OPTIMISATION OF MACHINE COOLING SYSTEMS
FAST AND ACCURATE CALCULATION OF EFFICIENCY MAPS AND ANALYSIS OF PERFORMANCE OVER COMPLEX DRIVING CYCLES
- ease of use
- calculation of convective exchanges
- detailed modeling of the machine
- speed of calculation
- high accuracy of results
- testimonials from large companies (preferred to complex CFD calculation code)
Through the evaluation of the heat exchange by convention, conduction and irradiation, for which the coefficients are calculated automatically by the code, it is possible to characterize the thermal behavior of many types of electric motors.
Experimental checks using CDF codes for fluid-dynamic analysis, have validated the results obtained by Motor-CAD.
- visualization and setting of the geometrical dimensions through radial and axial views: a specific competence in the use of calculation programs is not required, the project is modeled by assigning values to the different parameters of the pre-existing geometries
- winding characterized by its thermal states: possibility of setting the winding specifications by choosing in the available databases (according to measures expressed in the AWG and MSK convention)
- instantaneous display of results through the equivalent thermal circuit
- temperature tables reached by the various constituent parts of the engine
- transient analysis (with the possibility to test the Duty-Cycle)
EXAMPLES OF APPLICATIONS
- Permanent Magnet Brushless (PMB)
- Induction (IM)
- Variable reluctance (SRM)
- Thermal / CFD-fluodynamic analysis
Motor-CAD© is used by most industrial companies and the world of research that deal with rotating electrical machines, in all the main industrial sectors
Spin’s team is at your disposal for any need